About the Virtual Professional Organizer Certification
The act of becoming “certified” demonstrates an individual’s commitment to their profession. They respect and value the importance of industry ethics and have a desire for continued learning. CVPO™ certification indicates a broader and deeper understanding in the field of Virtual Organizing. Individuals who pass the credentialing exam demonstrate that they have met those standards and are committed to maintaining them.
The accrediting body for the Certified Virtual Professional Organizer ™ is offered through my parent company, FREEDomain Concepts, LLC, which is responsible for monitoring ethical standards within the CVPO body, as well as providing continued educational classes (CEU) to ensure accreditation integrity. Virtual Organizing (VO) is a sub-service within the field of professional organizing. VO requires a different delivery method from traditional on-site service delivery and requires a higher skill level that can only be achieved through appropriate training.
The Virtual Organizing Training for Professional Organizers program is international and supports Professional Organizers from a global perspective as well. We have graduated students from Canada, Netherlands, Germany, and South Africa. The Program is an intense, multi-media, live in-session, and independent performance program that runs throughout a 6-week period. All program candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Must be a minimum 1-year member of an Industry-related professional association. If less than 3 years of on-site Professional Organizing client experience, then must provide the following:
a. Letter of recommendation from either a client or industry colleague.
b. Agree to a private interview with myself to determine acceptance.
- Must have proof of Liability Insurance, or willing to acquire it by the close of the program.
- If you are a related professional (mental health, education executive, health-care worker), please provide professional accreditation from other professional industry-related field of work.
About the Program
- 100% attendance at all live training sessions (exceptions with instructor pre-approval)
- 100% group class interaction and participation
- Adequately participate in required homework assignments
- Complete two practicum assignments throughout the 6-weeks
- Achieve 80% or higher on a proficiency exam
- Achieve a minimum of between 30 and 40 program hours (approved industry CEU credits)
- Certification renewal is every 3-years by submitting a renewal application, with fee, and providing proof of acquiring a minimum of 30 CEU credits in the subject of Virtual Organizing, during the course of 3-years.
Why get Certified?
Every industry has standards to maintain, elevate, and protect. The Virtual Organizing Training for Professional Organizers program provides candidates with extended industry knowledge, self-discovery, increased skills, client delivery methodology, and credibility that is built upon program integrity. All are key to sustaining relevancy, effectiveness, and industry integrity.
Certification as a Virtual Professional Organizer (CVPO™) indicates that you are committed to your work through continued learning and your support in sustaining the industry’s integrity through best practices. Becoming certified also signifies a higher level of training to perspective clients, making you an “expert.” Trends are showing that becoming an expert in your field may have a crucial effect on future business success. (See: https://copyblogger.com/become-an-expert-now/). Superior knowledge-based training is recognized through Certification training and proves you as a committed and well-qualified provider as a Certified Virtual Professional Organizer™.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Must be minimum 1-yr. member of an Industry-related professional association. If less than 3-years on-site Professional Organizing client experience, then must provide the following: a. Letter of recommendation from either a client or industry colleague. b. Agree to a private interview with myself to determine acceptance.
- Must have proof of Liability Insurance
- If related professional (mental health, education executive, health-care worker), must provide professional accreditation from other professional industry-related field of work.
Yes. Graduates will be invited to join our private FaceBook Virtual Organizers Alumni group were all graduates can ask questions, register for ongoing classes and exchange ideas and challenges.