Become a Certified Virtual Professional Organizer™
Training Program for Professional Organizers with a minimum of 3 years of in-field experience
Expand your reach and impact when you pivot your business by adding this important skill to your professional toolbox.
Join us for the last session of the year! Start the year off with a new certification and position yourself as a leader. AND…get in before the price increases.
Embrace the Current Reality and Work with Clients Virtually
Discover the silver lining to the dark coronavirus cloud we’ve been under.
You really can…
- Broaden your reach and break down barriers due to health, safety, or regional limitations
- Increase your productivity and profitability
- Empower your clients to take confident action
And do it all while working in your comfy pants – safely and securely – in your own home when you become certified to work remotely with clients as a Certified Virtual Professional Organizer™
…Virtual Organizing Training is just the new, additional business model I was seeking. As a veteran organizer with many, many years of working hands-on with clients it is becoming increasingly more difficult to keep up with client demand (time) and physical aspects associated with hands-on work. Additionally, not all clients can afford ongoing hands-on work. This is the solution to all three! Plus, I can now provide organizing services to anyone, anywhere.
Get in on This Leading Edge Training
Last Chance to Get Certified in 2020!
- Position yourself as someone on the leading edge of this new direction for the organizing industry.
- Join the dozens of experienced Professional Organizers who already completed certification.
(You know you’re on to something good when HGTV has a TV show about it!)
Sign Up for Our October Course Before the Price Goes Up
Set yourself up for a successful new year by starting off with this new professional designation!
Final workshop this year
Six (6) consecutive Saturday mornings, two-hours each, from October 3rd through November 7th, 10:00am – 12:00pm, ET
Your investment is just $450 - a little more than a dollar a day
What's Virtual Organizing?
Virtual Organizing is a process for getting organized by leveraging technology like video conferencing, email, and even texting.
It’s collaborative. The client and Professional Organizer develop a plan to achieve the goal. Sessions are led by the Organizer while the client does the physical work.
It’s empowering. Since clients do the work, they develop self-awareness as well as skills to get and stay organized.
Benefits for Your Virtual Organizing Clients
With people forced to work from home while juggling their children’s education and trying to practice good self-care, working remotely with a trained and Certified Virtual Professional Organizer™ is a great option and may even be a necessity.
Virtual Organizing is…
- Performed in a safe environment – no risk of cross-contamination or spread of germs
- Easier to arrange around scheduling issues
- Provides help no matter the client’s location’s level of quarantine or restrictions
- Calls on more brain activity and promotes brain development
- Improves habit formation and skill development
The Virtual Organizing client feels more relaxed and in control because they’re working in a more collaborative way with the the Organizer.
Taking the Virtual Organizing training with Sheila has opened up a whole new division of services for our company, Living Peace. The program allowed my organizing team to become significantly more confident and clear on how we can serve clients even when we’re not on-site.
Erin Elizabeth Wells, CEO & Founder
Is Virtual Organizing a Fit for Every Client?
In a word – no.
It’s not for those who…
…don’t have the minimum technology needed such as Internet access or a computer…tablet…or mobile phone.
…don’t have the physical ability to bend, twist, lift, reach over head or any other physical demands of dealing with their organizational issues or project.
(Clients with physical limitations can enlist the help of a friend, family member, or aide who’s willing and able to do the work. It’s up to the client to figure out how the work will get done.)
Is Becoming a Certified Virtual Professional Organizer™ Right for You?
Stumped with how to continue to do the work you love while helping clients you want to serve?
Offering Virtual Organizing services may be the solution you’ve been waiting for.
You can offer this in addition to traditional organizing services, or could even become the only way you’ll work in the future.
Requirements for the Certification Program
…A Professional Organizer with a minimum of three years of hands-on experience working with clients?
And are you…
Virtual Organizing Benefits the Professional Organizer Too!
Here are just some of the benefits you may experience when you offer Virtual Organizing services…
- Increased profits — no more travel time or expenses!
- Increased reach — work with great clients across the street…across the country…or around the world
- Values alignment — Because you’re not driving, working virtually reduces your carbon footprint. So if you’re an environmentalist, offering virtual organizing services helps you align with your values.
- Business sustainability — You’re able to roll with the ups and downs of life and not be trapped or frustrated by restrictions due to the pandemic.
What's in the Course?
As a result of participating in this interactive program you’ll be able to...
- Pre-qualify a potential Virtual Organizing client to make sure they’re a great fit for you
- Assess the Virtual Organizing client’s needs — this is NOT the same as assessing the needs of an on-site client!
- Structure each Virtual Organizing engagement and session so they work for the client and for you
- Make Virtual Organizing sessions concrete and viable experiences
- Confidently choose which tools to use and when to use them effectively
This hands-on training provides the opportunity to...
- Practice and apply your skills in a lab-like environment so you gain confidence in your skills and confidence in presenting yourself as a talented and competent professional who can work effectively with clients
- Learn processes and tactics unique to Virtual Organizing, why these important activities are used, and how to use them
- Use templates and tools that support clients in taking action and developing skills — making THEM feel more confident. (This positions you as a problem solver and a facilitator of learning both of which have a higher perceived value in the eyes of clients)
- Develop insight into inspiring and maintaining client motivation so they can work past blocks and recognize their strengths as an individual
- Brainstorm strategies with your fellow classmates and benefit from the power of collaborative thinking
- Develop relationships with colleagues – end those feelings of isolation that can come from being self-employed
What you get as a participant...
- CEUs accepted by related industry associations
- Templates to use with your work and adapt to your own personal style
- Membership in the EXCLUSIVE Facebook group for program alumni — which provides opportunities to get additional support and ideas as you put your skills into practice
- Much more as the program grows!
How the Course is Run
- Each week you’ll receive a brief packet of information to prepare you for our live sessions
- Each weekly session of the six-week program lasts for two-hours (10am ET to 12pm ET)
- Our sessions are held via Zoom and are recorded for your review after the session is over.
- Interactive sessions include a chance to work with a volunteer client who has a real project for us to help them with.
- Collaborate in the sessions as all participants share ideas and feedback.
- Because this is a certification program and not just a workshop, there is a quiz to pass in order to receive your certificate and be able to use the language and visual branding (the program logo and the certification badge) that signify you’re certified as an official CVPO™.
This Course is Different from Others!
Meet the Program Designer / Instructor - Sheila Delson CPO-CD®
Hi! I’ve been a Professional Organizer since 1994.
Being active in the National Association of Productivity and Organizing Professionals (NAPO) throughout my career has been important to me and I love giving back by teaching the unique skill set of Virtual Organizing to others.
When I have a deep passion and drive to serve, I throw myself into learning, leading and teaching.
I’ve served in many leadership positions over the years and have chaired and served on many committees.
I live in Florida now, but when I lived in New York State, I sat on the NAPO-NY chapter Board of Directors.
I was honored to receive the NAPO Founder’s Award in 2013.
While serving as ICD® Education and Certification Director, I was a co-developer of the industry’s first certification for Professional Organizers. At the same time, I was a co-developer of the respected ICD® Clutter-Hoarding Scale®.
I served ICD® as the past Education and Certification Director, and in that role was the co-developer of the industry’s first certification for Professional Organizers and co-creator of the ICD® Clutter-Hoarding Scale®.
I don’t like to toot my own horn; but you can see that I haven’t just been a Professional Organizer.
I’d love to help you as I’ve been honored to help so many others grow in their careers as Organizers and in the Professional Organizing industry.
And, as the person credited with creating the concept of Virtual Organizing, I’d love to have you join us if you feel the program is right for you right now.
Can't Make the October Session? Join the Waiting List.
I’m already planning the coming year’s training schedule now.
Let me know if you’d like to be on my mailing list. You’ll be notified as soon as the schedule is ready, and you can opt out at any time.
Don’t worry. I would never spam you. That’s such a bad thing to do.
Hope to see you in a class soon.
PPS. If there’s anyway you can take the class and complete the certification this year I strongly recommend you sign up. The price is going to eventually double.