Become a Certified Virtual Professional Organizer™
Training Program for Professional Organizers with a minimum of 3 years of in-field experience
Expand your reach and impact when you pivot your business by adding this important skill to your professional toolbox.
Next Training Starts January 2021!
Become a Certified Virtual Professional Organizer™. Don’t let the pandemic hold you back or keep clients from getting served.
January - March 2021
Saturday, January 9th, 7:00pm – 9:00pm, EST
Time: 10:00am – 12:00pm, EST
Saturday, January 23rd, 30th, February 6th, 13th, 20th, 27th
Early Birds $797.00
Now thru midnight December 22nd
Later Birds – $997.00
Enrollment Closes January 5th, 2021
What's in the Course?
As a result of participating in this interactive program you’ll be able to...
- Pre-qualify a potential Virtual Organizing client to make sure they’re a great fit for you
- Assess the Virtual Organizing client’s needs — this is NOT the same as assessing the needs of an on-site client!
- Structure each Virtual Organizing engagement and session so they work for the client and for you
- Make Virtual Organizing sessions concrete and viable experiences
- Confidently choose which tools to use and when to use them effectively
This hands-on training provides the opportunity to...
- Practice and apply your skills in a lab-like environment so you gain confidence in your skills and confidence in presenting yourself as a talented and competent professional who can work effectively with clients
- Learn processes and tactics unique to Virtual Organizing, why these important activities are used, and how to use them
- Use templates and tools that support clients in taking action and developing skills — making THEM feel more confident. (This positions you as a problem solver and a facilitator of learning both of which have a higher perceived value in the eyes of clients)
- Develop insight into inspiring and maintaining client motivation so they can work past blocks and recognize their strengths as an individual
- Brainstorm strategies with your fellow classmates and benefit from the power of collaborative thinking
- Develop relationships with colleagues – end those feelings of isolation that can come from being self-employed
What you get as a participant...
- CEUs accepted by related industry associations
- Templates to use with your work and adapt to your own personal style
- Membership in the EXCLUSIVE Facebook group for program alumni — which provides opportunities to get additional support and ideas as you put your skills into practice
- Much more as the program grows!
How the Course is Run
- Each week you’ll receive a brief packet of information to prepare you for our live sessions
- Each weekly session of the six-week program lasts for two-hours (10am ET to 12pm ET)
- Our sessions are held via Zoom and are recorded for your review after the session is over.
- Interactive sessions include a chance to work with a volunteer client who has a real project for us to help them with.
- Collaborate in the sessions as all participants share ideas and feedback.
- Because this is a certification program and not just a workshop, there is a quiz to pass in order to receive your certificate and be able to use the language and visual branding (the program logo and the certification badge) that signify you’re certified as an official CVPO™.
About the Virtual Professional Organizer Certification
The act of becoming “certified” demonstrates an individual’s commitment to their profession. They respect and value the importance of industry ethics and have a desire for continued learning. CVPO™ certification indicates a broader and deeper understanding in the field of Virtual Organizing. Individuals who pass the credentialing exam demonstrate that they have met those standards and are committed to maintaining them.
Virtual Organizing (VO) is a sub-service within the field of professional organizing. VO requires a different delivery method from traditional on-site service delivery and requires a higher skill level that can only be achieved through appropriate training.
The Virtual Organizing Training for Professional Organizers program is international and supports Professional Organizers from a global perspective as well. We have graduated students from Canada, Netherlands, Germany, and South Africa. The Program is an intense, multi-media, live in-session, and independent performance program that runs throughout a 6-week period. All program candidates must be experienced Professional Organizers with a minimum of three (3) years hands-on, in-field client experience. Certification graduates must achieve the following criteria:
- 100% attendance at all live training sessions
- 100% group class interaction and participation
- Adequately participate in required homework assignments
- Complete two practicum assignments throughout the 6-weeks
- Achieve 80% or higher on a proficiency exam
- Achieve a minimum of between 30 and 40 program hours (approved industry CEU credits)
Why get Certified?
Every industry has standards to maintain, elevate, and protect. The Virtual Organizing Training for Professional Organizers program provides candidates with extended industry knowledge, self-discovery, increased skills, client delivery methodology, and credibility that is built upon program integrity. All are key to sustaining relevancy, effectiveness, and industry integrity.
Certification as a Virtual Professional Organizer (CVPO™) indicates that you are committed to your work through continued learning and your support in sustaining the industry’s integrity through best practices. Becoming certified also signifies a higher level of training to perspective clients, making you an “expert.” Trends are showing that becoming an expert in your field may have a crucial effect on future business success. (See: https://copyblogger.com/become-an-expert-now/). Superior knowledge-based training is recognized through Certification training and proves you as a committed and well-qualified provider as a Certified Virtual Professional Organizer™.
Embrace the Current Reality and Work with Clients Virtually
Discover the silver lining to the dark coronavirus cloud we’ve been under.
You really can…
- Broaden your reach and break down barriers due to health, safety, or regional limitations
- Increase your productivity and profitability
- Empower your clients to take confident action
And do it all while working in your comfy pants – safely and securely – in your own home when you become certified to work remotely with clients as a Certified Virtual Professional Organizer™
…Virtual Organizing Training is just the new, additional business model I was seeking. As a veteran organizer with many, many years of working hands-on with clients it is becoming increasingly more difficult to keep up with client demand (time) and physical aspects associated with hands-on work. Additionally, not all clients can afford ongoing hands-on work. This is the solution to all three! Plus, I can now provide organizing services to anyone, anywhere.
Get in on This Leading Edge Training
- Position yourself as someone on the leading edge of this new direction for the organizing industry.
- Join the dozens of experienced Professional Organizers who already completed certification.
(You know you’re on to something good when HGTV has a TV show about it!)
Benefits for Your Virtual Organizing Clients
With people forced to work from home while juggling their children’s education and trying to practice good self-care, working remotely with a trained and Certified Virtual Professional Organizer™ is a great option and may even be a necessity.
Virtual Organizing is…
- Performed in a safe environment – no risk of cross-contamination or spread of germs
- Easier to arrange around scheduling issues
- Provides help no matter the client’s location’s level of quarantine or restrictions
- Calls on more brain activity and promotes brain development
- Improves habit formation and skill development
The Virtual Organizing client feels more relaxed and in control because they’re working in a more collaborative way with the the Organizer.
Taking the Virtual Organizing training with Sheila has opened up a whole new division of services for our company, Living Peace. The program allowed my organizing team to become significantly more confident and clear on how we can serve clients even when we’re not on-site.
Erin Elizabeth Wells, CEO & Founder
Is Virtual Organizing a Fit for Every Client?
In a word – no.
It’s not for those who…
…don’t have the minimum technology needed such as Internet access or a computer…tablet…or mobile phone.
…don’t have the physical ability to bend, twist, lift, reach over head or any other physical demands of dealing with their organizational issues or project.
(Clients with physical limitations can enlist the help of a friend, family member, or aide who’s willing and able to do the work. It’s up to the client to figure out how the work will get done.)
Is Becoming a Certified Virtual Professional Organizer™ Right for You?
Stumped with how to continue to do the work you love while helping clients you want to serve?
Offering Virtual Organizing services may be the solution you’ve been waiting for.
You can offer this in addition to traditional organizing services, or could even become the only way you’ll work in the future.
Requirements for the Certification Program
…A Professional Organizer with a minimum of three years of hands-on experience working with clients?
And are you…
Virtual Organizing Benefits the Professional Organizer Too!
Here are just some of the benefits you may experience when you offer Virtual Organizing services…
- Increased profits — no more travel time or expenses!
- Increased reach — work with great clients across the street…across the country…or around the world
- Values alignment — Because you’re not driving, working virtually reduces your carbon footprint. So if you’re an environmentalist, offering virtual organizing services helps you align with your values.
- Business sustainability — You’re able to roll with the ups and downs of life and not be trapped or frustrated by restrictions due to the pandemic.
This Course is Different from Others!
Meet the Program Designer / Instructor - Sheila Delson CPO-CD®
Hi! I’ve been a Professional Organizer since 1994.
Being active in the National Association of Productivity and Organizing Professionals (NAPO) throughout my career has been important to me and I love giving back by teaching the unique skill set of Virtual Organizing to others.
When I have a deep passion and drive to serve, I throw myself into learning, leading and teaching.
I’ve served in many leadership positions over the years and have chaired and served on many committees.
I live in Florida now, but when I lived in New York State, I sat on the NAPO-NY chapter Board of Directors.
I was honored to receive the NAPO Founder’s Award in 2013.
While serving as ICD® Education and Certification Director, I was a co-developer of the industry’s first certification for Professional Organizers. At the same time, I was a co-developer of the respected ICD® Clutter-Hoarding Scale®.
I served ICD® as the past Education and Certification Director, and in that role was the co-developer of the industry’s first certification for Professional Organizers and co-creator of the ICD® Clutter-Hoarding Scale®.
I don’t like to toot my own horn; but you can see that I haven’t just been a Professional Organizer.
I’d love to help you as I’ve been honored to help so many others grow in their careers as Organizers and in the Professional Organizing industry.
And, as the person credited with creating the concept of Virtual Organizing, I’d love to have you join us if you feel the program is right for you right now.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes. Graduates will be invited to join our private FaceBook Virtual Organizers Alumni group were all graduates can ask questions, register for ongoing classes and exchange ideas and challenges.